Hello from the other side!
I mean hello 2017! I’ve been meaning to write since I resigned in my previous company. I think I’ve been enjoying the long breaks and all the free time that I have too much; And as a result, I tend to forget that I need to write something or anything. However, whenever I try to upload some new photos or update the last 5 or 3 pages of this blog, I become more lazy by the day and I tend to close the windows and shut my laptop down.
Anyway, it’s already the 5th of January which means that I’ve slacked too much and people are already done with their resolutions and stuff. I’m not really planning to write my resolution for this year but I’m hoping for more great things to come.
Instead, I’d like to write some of my plans and the things that I’m looking forward to this year.
Let’s start, shall we?
- Find a job. I’m officially unemployed and I’m somehow enjoying my free time. ‘Though I’m not busy with work and nobody’s paying me for anything, I was still busy with opening a new bank account and applying for a part-time home-based job.
- Go to the gym. Budgeting my money from my last two salaries last December was so painfully stressful. I tried my best to follow the plan, but I somehow used some of the money for things that I want than what I need. On the other hand, I was able to allot some money for the two months promo in Gym Plus! I hope to go to the gym regularly ‘though.
- Blog more often. I’ve been procrastinating since I was free from work. I’ve never been productive online since then. I tried to enlarge some of the photos here but I’m getting too lazy to finish it. This 2017, I’m planning to write whenever I feel like it and try to fight laziness from getting in the way of finishing what needs to be done. I want this blog to be more useful than last year. I need to be more serious and more passionate in writing quality entries this year.
- Take more pictures. I just bought my own compact camera last year and I tried my best to take some photos of the places, events, restaurants and other interesting things that I’ve been to or that I’ve tried. However, my photos are not exactly blog worthy. Since I’m such a late bloomer in the field of photography, I didn’t get to enjoy taking photos the same way other people prioritize documentations passionately. It was just because of Saab Magalona that I really got interested in taking photos and uploading it to my website. She even inspired me to get my own domain and stay in WordPress. All in all, I really need to take photography seriously and take really nice shots since I have a decent camera to use. If I’m using it to document something, then I have to make sure that the quality of the photos are clear and worth posting online. I should really learn from my very shaky photographs last year.
- Read more books. It’s quite ironic that I’ve told my students to read more but I don’t regularly do it. I’ve been preoccupied with so many things that I’ve taken reading for granted. I’ve been doing house chores, playing online games, sleeping, doing errands, and other things but it has been ages since I really read a book and sat on it for hours. I must read more often. I must enrich my vocabulary. I know that I need it for my next job. I need to be more efficient this year.
- Write more stories. I used to say that I don’t have enough time to write. I’m very much busy with so many things like work, going out and blogging about stuff, playing games, more work, relationship stuff, and all the other excuses I can make to make you believe that I’m busy. Oh! Writer’s block is a very big contributor as well. Without the proper muse or fuel to write something worth reading or writing about, I tend to do other things like sleep or laze around.
I hope that I would be more eager to share my thoughts, my opinions, my daily life and the things that I’m into this year. I’ve attempted to put some soul to this blog by giving you a preview of what my life has been because reading this blog sometimes makes me feel inorganic. However, people’s writing styles may change for different reasons and for different point of views over a period of time. Maybe it’s just my way of maturing or perhaps, writing about my personal life in a more personal level is not something that I would really like to share these days.
I hope that I could write more scenes and finish some stories this year.
It’s quite funny that the things that I’m looking into as goals are somewhat like resolutions too. I think it’s a subtle resolution as well.
- Wake up early. I’m a night owl. I am definitely a night person and an insomniac. Perhaps it’s because I’ve gotten used to this lifestyle for more than three years or perhaps, it’s just a mind over matter thing. I know that I can wake up early if I want to. Heck, I’ve survived xx years of school and was able to graduate on time but I’ve never really tried to do it voluntarily.
The most stress-free moment for me was when I stopped using my alarm clock and snoozing it several times in a day. However, many people say that waking up early and seeing Mr. Sun rise is a good thing for our health. Eating breakfast and eating on time helps as well. If I want to lose weight, I really need to be more disciplined not only mentally or physically but also emotionally, psychologically, etc. It’s also for my own good anyways. I think I should try to wake up early this week. It’s already 12:33 AM here so, I can’t sleep early today and I’m still blogging! So, tomorrow, January 5. Procrastinating… again.
- Do the house chores regularly. I’m not a perfect person. Nobody is. I tend to forget so many things and I admit that I only do the things that people usually remind me to do. Sometimes, I can become very lazy and forgetful. Those are both bad habits that I must change this year. I need to be more willing to do the house chores voluntarily and willingly. I must have an initiative so that Ino and I won’t fight often.
- Learn more dishes to cook. It has been tried and tested that I know how to cook and basically can follow a cookbook. ‘Though I still can’t figure out the right timing when it comes to not overcooking the food or burning it. In my several attempts to be a good housewife, I was able to successfully discover my cooking skills. It may not be at par with my sister’s baking skills but I can say that the food that I cooked were quite edible. However, I really need to seriously learn the ways on how to properly cook a decent meal for my future husband, future children, my parents and myself. I’m actually proud to say that given the complete ingredients and a clear instruction on how to make it, I know that I can actually make a decent meal.
I’ve been meaning to let this entry go but it’s already 3 AM and I’m still thinking about the things that I want to accomplish. Perhaps, I should just update this entry next time.