Happy July 2nd!
I’m back on writing again after a long hiatus. It’s time to update this blog more often than I should and I mean it. I should really do something about my writing skills. Today, I will talk about something personal. It’s about stuff that happened a few months ago.
It all started two weeks before I got married. I invited one of my aunts on my father’s side to be one of my primary sponsors. I was dead set on choosing her because I would’ve never had the opportunity to work in Globe if it wasn’t for her.
We were supposed to meet on a Saturday, but she told us that we should meet on Sunday instead. It was Mother’s day when we visited them at Antipolo. I know that I will meet most of my aunts and uncles but I didn’t expect all of them to make it because from personal experiences, not everybody can make it due to other reasons. However. they proved me wrong when everybody was there, even my dad.
I was ecstatic, surprised and excited to see him. It has been a long time since I’ve heard of him and I remember sending him some e-mails about how I feel and about how I wanted to get to know him more. We didn’t become close right away but there was a certain familiarity and assurance when we interacted. I didn’t know if I should feel shy or make the most of it. Deep inside, I know that it won’t last that long. It will take months or years again to see him and be with him, and before I know it… it’s time to go home.
I didn’t want to regret that moment. I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to get to know him better and be with him. I would like to have have an idea about who he is and what it is like to be with him and probably, save some memories of us together while I still can.
It was nice hanging out with him and having a heart-to-heart conversation with him. I’m quite glad that I’m already an adult when we reached this point, because I have forgiven him already and what matters to me most is that I still got the chance to learn more about him and have my own memories about him.
For years, I’ve only known him based on what my mother told me. Her perspective somehow honed the person I regarded as my biological father. Not knowing the facts and his real personality or characteristics, I was left with the idea of him. And like the others, I was hungry for more information. I wanted to know this person and validate the persona behind her perspective. It was as if, my mother was a writer or a storyteller, and she was narrating one of her antihero in her story. But, he’s real. And I wanted to know more and be a part of that story. I no longer want to be a listener or an audience. I want to be a part of that story too.
And so when I met him, I asked him to attend my wedding. I asked him because he missed so much. He missed most of my life and most of how I became to be. I asked him to make up for the lost time and own it. I needed him to be there. I gathered all my courage to ask him that because I may not have the opportunity to do it again. If he will, he would be doing that for me and not for the others. It would just mean that he wants to be a part of my life even just for a day or for just a few hours. It matters to me. It means everything to me. And I’m glad he did.
My relatives on his side, never failed to surprise me. Amidst, not being part of the entourage, they willingly committed to attend my wedding. Regardless if they are part of the entourage or not. Unconditionally, they supported me without the need to beg them to attend. It was more than enough. I couldn’t have asked for more. My only regret was, if I had only known, I would have chosen most of them to be a part of my wedding. However, it’s all done now and all I can do is to make sure that they become a part of my life now.
I was wrong to think that the people I grew up with and treasured, were the only ones I need to be with on my special day. It was late when I realized, I needed all of them to be there. It was already late when I realized that I need all of them and I am grateful to them because they spent that day with me and supported me on my new journey. It was late when I realized that I spent half of my life regretting the things I should’ve done. That I should’ve reached out to them a long time ago, that I should have told them how much I appreciated them and how grateful I am to be a part of their lives.
I was naive to believe that things won’t change. I was naive to believe that events such as the ones I grew up with are family traditions that will happen yearly. I was so convinced that those family traditions won’t get old. But… my aunts and uncles on my mother’s side are getting older. They aren’t the same people they used to be. Some of them have already passed away. Some of them are too old to have long drives. Most of my cousins have their own families. Most of my cousins are “too busy,” like me. That hanging-out was such a task and nobody’s got the time for that anymore. Even special holidays are better spent amongst their own families and that’s just too sad. So unfortunate for the younger ones, nieces, nephews, cousins, grandchildren and in-laws, to miss out on all the fun we used to have.
That’s just one of the realities in this millennial era.
I didn’t think much about choosing my other relatives on my father’s side at that time because I didn’t grow up with them. I thought they don’t want to be a part of my wedding because we barely had the chance to be together. However, they proved me wrong. They were in fact, more excited than my relatives on my mother’s side.
Ino and I had decided to choose most of the entourage on my mother’s side because I’ve known them all my life and regardless of our family/clan drama, I consider all of them as my important guests on my wedding. Sadly, not all of them made it to our wedding. Some had to be replaced by other relatives (“proxy”) because it’s a working weekday and they cannot be absent from work or school, — regardless if I have informed them a year in advance or a few months in advance.
I was very stressed out at that time. I’ve exhausted everyone on my list. It’s a good thing that my relatives on my father’s side are more than willing to be a part of my wedding. They were my lifesavers. They made my wedding much more meaningful because they really attended the wedding and became a part of my special day.
I was able to have a family moment even if there’s a little awkwardness to it. Still, my not-so-perfect wedding still pushed through and it still went well.
Fast forward to a few weeks or a month after that where Ino and I were invited to my cousin’s debut. I was requested to sing on her birthday and I gladly obliged.
My mother already had a hunch that we will meet my other siblings.
It’s a well-known family history. I am one of the poster child for UNICEF. My mother and father separated when I was a baby. I was adopted by my mother’s sister and her husband. They adopted me and raised me. They also took care of my mom and we lived there for as long as I can remember. They also adopted my cousin a few years before they adopted me.
My sister from my mother was born after five years. When I was around 10 years old or older, I’ve learned that my father also had 2 other children from another woman. A few years ago, I heard he had another child from another woman. Then, when I invited him on my wedding he told me he has another son.
Boy, that was a crazy narration of my family tree. I don’t regret any of it though. It was their personal choices and decisions, one that I don’t have any control of. It happened as I was growing up and it’s part of who I have become.
Perhaps, you are wondering why I am bringing this up.
Last night was my cousin’s debut and for the first time, I met my brothers. Growing up, I know that my other siblings exist, but it was just an idea for me. I’ve never thought that I would really meet them. I thought that it wouldn’t happen. I never imagined that I would. Not until I did.
I grew up with my sister in the same house. I grew up having issues with her because I couldn’t accept the fact that my mother fell in love with someone else. I fought with her when we were young because I hated the fact that she exists, and she has to live with me everyday. It was just later when she had her own child, that I realized it was not her fault that she existed. It was not her fault that she had to grew up with me. It was not her fault to be a part of my family. She happens to exist because my parents made decisions that I don’t have any control of.
I grew up with her and experienced what it was like to have a sibling. There are times when I would toy about the idea of my other siblings living with me. The idea of having a complete family was surreal. It was unimaginable and unrealistic. It was crazy. For I know that these siblings that I have are not only theirs. And my greatest fear was to have a broken family again and meet the same fate, — to have different children from different partners or to be left by my husband for other mistresses.
Then, I had to go back to reality and attend my cousin’s debut along with my husband and my mom. I met the youngest of my father’s child and he was cute and very smart. I didn’t know how to feel. I didn’t know how to react. I didn’t know how to address him or how to interact with him. It was more than the feeling of being stunned. It was more than a feeling of “I know what this is. I already have a sister from my own mother, I’m used to this.” It was never that simple.
I know they exists. I know they are real but seeing them and being able to be with them was a different story. They are after all, my father’s offsprings. I’m dying to know them. I wanted to talk to them and tell them, “Hey! I’m your big sister. I want to know you more. I want to be a part of your life.” But I can’t. I was too weak to do that. I was just happy to see my father and be able to call him papa at that time.
Last night, I realized that I was stopping myself from that realization. I do not want the reality to sink in and I was stopping myself from understanding that these boys are my brothers. I already have a sister. We don’t get along most of the time. We don’t understand each other because I hated her when I was young. I didn’t give her a chance because I was angry. We didn’t have a good relationship. And it freaked me out, when I realized that I’m glad I never had the chance to live with my other siblings.
Perhaps, it’s the right time to meet them. I’m already 28 and one of my younger brothers is already on his 20s. I could understand the awkwardness and tension. I understand that we are uncomfortable to talk and face reality. I wouldn’t really know what to say.
My initial reaction was, “I thought we’re gonna attend a debut, not a family reunion.” Because I didn’t really think that I’m gonna meet them anytime soon. I was curious about how they look. I was curious if they look like me or my dad. They say I look like my dad and I can see how I resemble my aunts. And seeing them, made me think that yeah… they are my father’s sons.
I’m just saying that it was unplanned and I was caught off guard. I’m glad to meet them and I wish we can have a chance to talk again next time. I would like to meet them and get to know them just like my father.
It was shocking and surprising but it was what made that night memorable for me.
I also realized something while I was writing this.
I was wrong to blame my sister for being born and for being raised in the same house. I regret hurting her physically, emotionally, and psychologically. I regret blaming her for whatever it is that happened to me. I am sorry for hurting her and for making her feel unwelcome.
I also realized that no matter how wrong my parents’ decisions are, I didn’t have to take it to the others and be angry with them or hate them. I realized that they didn’t want any of it and they exists because they are the results of a choice. They are good or bad decisions that constitutes not only my parents lives but also my life.
If for anything, I would like to be with them and spend time with them. I hope this is not the last and I hope that there will be more chances in the future.
I do not hate my parents anymore. I do not want to blame them anymore for their decisions. I just realized that blaming them wouldn’t change anything. They made decisions for a reason. They may have been happy in the process that’s why they stick up for it and I respect that. In time, perhaps I’ll heal and understand why they did what they did. Hopefully, I won’t need to be separated from my husband to find my own happiness.
This was taken on November 5, 2016. We were just strolling at the mall when we saw this mini-exhibition at EDSA Shangri-La Mall.
Some Korean traditional clothes were featured in the exhibition. They also featured some free tastes for some Korean dishes like Bibimbap and Bulgogi.
I hope you enjoyed the pictures. These were taken on my Sony Cyber-shot DSC WX350.
It’s kinda stressful to be an adult. It’s very challenging to deal with things on the spot and it freaks me out. Sometimes I wish that I’m just a fictional character. That although I face hardships in life, I can and I will get through it and eventually have a happy ending.
But reality isn’t the same.
You’ll just have to face the present no matter how scary it is. No matter how you dread the reactions of others about your decision, the end result of your decision to your career, where your hard earned money will go after this very crucial decision.
I would like to say that I always try to be honest with my interviews. However, I kinda slipped yesterday. Although, I have mentioned that I’m working part-time, I forgot to tell the interviewer that I’m still working with them and I can’t start working right away. If only I have said that, I wouldn’t probably burn some bridges with my part-time employers.
And what would happen to my incoming salary? I really don’t know. This is stressing me out. If I can still get my money, it would be a big help to pay for my bills. I really don’t know what to do and I’m starting to hate the bank that my part-time chose because they are not doing anything to help.
Anyway, so that’s what my rant is about.
I haven’t told my Team Leader about it yet, and it also freaks me out.
I hope that I can sort things out and solve this problem.
I know that I haven’t posted anything since my last entry. I remember writing about blogging from time to time as one of my goals and yet not doing so because of so many things that have happened over the past few months.
I’m finally free from all the guilt that I have and all the pent-up emotions that I’ve been keeping for years. I was cool at first but I ended up breaking down to Papa yesterday, as I have told him about how my life has been since I left Antipolo.
It wasn’t easy. It was actually something that I wanted to tell them. It was something that I wanted to rub on their faces. It was something that I thought would show my pride.
It started when one of my aunts asked me about my wedding budget. So I showed her our finances. After that, she asked me about my plans after our wedding and where will my mom stay if the condo will be sold this year.
This is quite personal, but I’m going to give you a glimpse of my life for today.
I’ve already explained to them in detail. I’ve already told them how mom is like and what our plans are for her. However, things won’t work out the way we want it to be if she doesn’t have any plans for herself.
“It’s like talking to a wall,” I said.
She’s not the type who’s open to suggestions and solutions. Simply because, she wants things the easy way. She only wants things to be handed over to her while the others work their asses off and give it for free.
I’ve been trying to understand her and stood by her ever since we left Antipolo. However, my efforts aren’t enough. Not now, when I’m just a part-timer. Not now, when I’m still preparing for my wedding. Not now, when I know that she doesn’t want to help herself. Her initiative and drive to earn and make a living to sustain her needs should also be instilled in her. She should be our role model but she isn’t.
Oh, I value her care and how she takes care of me. I’m thankful and grateful for that but she isn’t perfect and her imperfections make it hard for us. It was bad enough that my relatives have to rub it in my face. And frankly speaking, I’m well aware of what’s going on. If only I have the means, I wouldn’t hesitate to help her. But I also have a lot on my plate right now and they aren’t helping at all.
I just hate the fact that they used the situation to go high and mighty on me. I was just beginning my life as an adult and I thought that I’m doing well as a self-efficient individual. I’ve been stuck on the idea of pleasing others that Ino often reminds me that I shouldn’t bother about pleasing them all the time. But still I do it because that’s what makes me at ease.
Now, I just have to let things go. I just don’t care about what they think right now or how bad they perceived me to be. I’m gonna live my life the way I want it to be.
I’m way past anger and I’ve accepted that I lost. I have never asked for anybody’s help ever since Mama Babes passed away. I have never asked for any financial support from Papa. I was in debt for more than a year, had to work for more than 8 hours everyday to sustain my life, and paid for everything that I need on my own. I never asked for anyone’s help because I don’t want to hear people telling me that I’m not grateful enough.
Now, I just don’t really care. If Papa will give me some money or not, it’s his choice. I am not gonna impose any amount or whatever. I just hope that he will see it the way I see it, that I’m grateful enough. That sending me to school is enough. That having his name is enough. That even if I need something, I just want him to appreciate everything that I’ve experienced. I just want him to be proud of my simple accomplishments. And if he will ever give me something, I hope that he will give me something on his own volition.
Aside from that, I’ve already accepted that I didn’t get the job that I was hoping for. I’ve gotten over it. Now, I’m just waiting for the go signal for my full-time job. I’m just enjoying my free time and my schedule as a part-time employee. Perhaps, it will be given to me when I’m 100% ready to wake up early and give my best for 8 hours.
I’m still open to other possibilities but I won’t be rushing anymore.
His will be done.
I’ve been trying to blog. Seriously. I’m planning to post some of the photos that I’ve taken last year. Just wait, 🙂 Please give me some love. Haha!
So I took this test a few weeks ago for fun when I saw it on one of my friends’ post on Plurk. I remember that I had taken this test before but I can’t exactly remember what I got.
This time around, I got ENTJ.
According to Wikipedia, ENTJ means extraversion, intuition, thinking, judgment. It is an abbreviation used in the publications of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to refer to one of sixteen personality types. It is also The Commander‘s personality.
The website of 16 Personalities summed it up as:
ENTJs are natural-born leaders. People with this personality type embody the gifts of charisma and confidence, and project authority in a way that draws crowds together behind a common goal. But unlike their Feeling (F) counterpart, ENTJs are characterized by an often ruthless level of rationality, using their drive, determination and sharp minds to achieve whatever end they’ve set for themselves. Perhaps it is best that they make up only three percent of the population, lest they overwhelm the more timid and sensitive personality types that make up much of the rest of the world – but we have ENTJs to thank for many of the businesses and institutions we take for granted every day.
Happiness Lies in the Joy of Achievement
Cultivating the Science of Human Relationships
- Efficient – ENTJs see inefficiency not just as a problem in its own right, but as something that pulls time and energy away from all their future goals, an elaborate sabotage consisting of irrationality and laziness. People with the ENTJ personality type will root out such behavior wherever they go.
- Energetic – Rather than finding this process taxing ENTJs are energized by it, genuinely enjoying leading their teams forward as they implement their plans and goals.
- Self-Confident – ENTJs couldn’t do this if they were plagued by self-doubt – they trust their abilities, make known their opinions, and believe in their capacities as leaders.
- Strong-Willed – Nor do they give up when the going gets tough – ENTJ personalities strive to achieve their goals, but really nothing is quite as satisfying to them as rising to the challenge of each obstacle in their run to the finish line.
- Strategic Thinkers – ENTJs exemplify the difference between moment-to-moment crisis management and navigating the challenges and steps of a bigger plan, and are known for examining every angle of a problem and not just resolving momentary issues, but moving the whole project forward with their solutions.
- Charismatic and Inspiring – These qualities combine to create individuals who are able to inspire and invigorate others, who people actually want to be their leaders, and this in turn helps ENTJs to accomplish their often ambitious goals that could never be finished alone.
- Stubborn and Dominant – Sometimes all this confidence and willpower can go too far, and ENTJs are all too capable of digging in their heels, trying to win every single debate and pushing their vision, and theirs alone.
- Intolerant – “It’s my way or the highway” – People with the ENTJ personality type are notoriously unsupportive of any idea that distracts from their primary goals, and even more so of ideas based on emotional considerations. ENTJs won’t hesitate a second to make that fact clear to those around them.
- Impatient – Some people need more time to think than others, an intolerable delay to quick-thinking ENTJs. They may misinterpret contemplation as stupidity or disinterest in their haste, a terrible mistake for a leader to make.
- Arrogant – ENTJ personalities respect quick thoughts and firm convictions, their own qualities, and look down on those who don’t match up. This relationship is a challenge for most other personality types who are perhaps not timid in their own right, but will seem so beside overbearing ENTJs.
- Poor Handling of Emotions – All this bluster, alongside the assumed supremacy of rationalism, makes ENTJs distant from their own emotional expression and sometimes downright scornful of others’. People with this personality type often trample others’ feelings, inadvertently hurting their partners and friends, especially in emotionally charged situations.
- Cold and Ruthless – Their obsession with efficiency and unwavering belief in the merits of rationalism, especially professionally, makes ENTJs incredibly insensitive in pursuing their goals, dismissing personal circumstances, sensitivities, and preferences as irrational and irrelevant.
I may disagree with some of these but I also agree with most of it. I remember getting a different result a few years ago and I think it’s because our environment and experiences change us in some way. Our personalities develop and improve or gets worse because of different factors. As we grow up, we become the better or the worse version of ourselves.
This personality may describe me as who I am right now, but I may change in the future. Who knows? I guess, the only way to check is to try to take the test again next year. Haha! Or anytime in the future.
How about you? What’s your personality like? Are you willing to take this test? Do you think that this test is accurate? Kindly share your thoughts on the comment section. 🙂
Long time no post.
I’ve been trying to make this entry since this afternoon but my drafts were gone and it was not published. 🙁
Anyway, this entry will be about getting a Taxpayer Identification Number ID. I’ve been searching for a similar post online but I couldn’t find one. Google gave me different websites to visit but neither of those pages answered my questions. Even the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) website doesn’t have any answers to my questions. They only have some answers about getting a TIN and I don’t need it anymore since I already have one.
Having a TIN ID and a SSS ID are very important. These IDs are usually used to present in the bank or other personal transactions. You need these IDs to present so that you can open a bank account, receive money, encash your cheque, etc.
I have already applied for my unified SSS ID before and I already have one. I also have a PhilHealth ID but I don’t have a TIN ID. Unfortunately, the new bank that I’m going to open a new account with do not accept PhilHealth IDs as a requirement. So, the HR in my part time job told me to get a TIN ID so that she can give me an endorsement letter to the bank.
Not knowing the basic things such as how to get one or if I still have to pay a certain amount to get one led me to make a research online. As I’ve said, it sucks that the main government office’s website doesn’t have a straightforward answer to this. The site also was not as user friendly as it is supposed to be but that’s just one of the things they need to improve on.
Google redirected me to outdated entries that do not necessarily answer my questions. So, I decided to go to the Mandaluyong branch of BIR instead. I also brought some money in case I have to pay something for the ID.
I don’t often wake up early and I’ve been meaning to do so since last week. It’s a good thing that I was able to start the week right, by doing it now. My mother accompanied me to BIR this morning. We went around 9 AM to avoid the long queue of people for different purposes.
At first, there was a signage in the front desk that the TIN ID is unavailable. It was quite misleading so they should take the signage down if they knew better. So, I inquired at the front desk about it and the lady at the front desk told me that it’s already available and I should proceed to counter 6.
Counter 6 is actually a lane for Senior Citizens, PWDs, pregnant women, etc. So, when the staff at Counter 6 told me that I should go to another counter, I asked them why the lady at the front desk told me to go there. They eventually accommodated me and asked me to fill up the application for TIN ID form. However, after filling the form, another staff called my name and told me to go to BIR Pasig branch instead.
Nobody explained to me why I still need to go to another branch when they will only print the ID on a yellow paper (which honestly looks similar to the NBI Clearance paper). I mean, it’s just a laminated ID. It’s not like they will use the same material that was used for the SSS ID or the PhilHealth ID.
When I was ranting about this sentiment to my mom, she reasoned out that it was probably free that’s why the quality was not the same with the SSS ID or the PhilHealth ID. Still, it was quite a let down knowing that the BIR collects so much taxes from taxpayers. We also found out that the PhilHealth ID was free of charge when we were at Counter 6.
So, we didn’t have a choice but to go to Pasig. We hailed a regular cab and got there around 10. The BIR office doesn’t have a proper signage outside the building as well, so I almost got lost in getting there. I’m really thankful that my mom showed me the entrance to the BIR office and we were able to get there on time.
It was almost lunch time when we arrived so the number of people inside the BIR office is slowly increasing. It’s a good thing that I was able to get a number for counter 3 right away. The guard gave me a different form because he said that the form in Mandaluyong and in Pasig are different.
How come they have different forms? The mere fact that I need to go to another branch just to get an ID sucks. It just shows that they don’t have a unified system or something that consolidates with other branches. It’s quite a hassle and waste of time, fare and effort to deal with these lapses.
In addition, the staffs in both branches are not really friendly and accommodating. They seem quite bossy and may lack some people skills. One of the staff in the counter 2 of BIR Pasig actually made fun of one of the taxpayers because the latter doesn’t know which form should he fill in. Instead of guiding the taxpayer properly and respectfully, he treated the taxpayer like he is someone lower than him. It was distasteful and really ill-mannered of the staff. This staff is a middle aged man who treats his colleagues like they are in a party chatting over alcoholic drinks. Beware of this kind of government employees.
Going back to my experience in the BIR office…
As if I have a choice, I filled in the form again and waited for my number to be called. There was a queue already and although there are more than 12 or 14 counters, the people still need to wait for their turn and for their numbers to be called.
The thing is, you need to go there early if you don’t want to waste so much time waiting in the queue. Also, you need to properly check your personal information because once the yellow paper is printed with errors, the staff might ask you to pay P100. It’s a good thing that the staff didn’t ask me to pay for my misspelled name. I only figured out that the encoder wrote FRANCESCA instead of FRANCHESCA when I received my TIN ID. It’s a good thing that I saw it while I was there and was able to have it changed at the same time.
How could they even mistype it? They have already asked for another ID but they still wrote a different name on a white sheet of paper!!
The answers to my questions are:
Q: Do I need to pay for the TIN ID?
A: No. You can get your TIN ID for free.
Q: Can I claim the ID on the same day or do I have to go back to their office to get it on another day?
A: I’m not sure about the exact answer to this. It may be a case to case basis, but in my experience, I got it on the same day. I only waited for a few minutes since they encode the information right away.
Q: How do I apply for a TIN ID?
A: Here’s the step by step procedure on how to get your TIN ID.
1. Go to the BIR branch where you registered your TIN number. This is my theory, I never got the chance to know if this is true, but I figured that the reason I was sent to Pasig was because I registered my TIN ID in Pasig 8 years ago.
2. Fill up the TIN ID application form and get a number from the guard The number indicates your turn to go to the assigned counter, in my case it was counter 3.
3. Wait for your number to be called in the counter you are assigned to.
4. When your number is called at the counter, pass the form to the staff and present a different ID (this is for the encoder to copy the proper spelling of your name, I guess.) Lo and behold, you already presented a different ID but they still copied your name and address wrong. So… carefully read your information before you tell them that everything is correct. Make sure that the spelling of your name, address and other information are correct. Of course, most especially your TIN number.
5. Wait for your name to be called and get another ID to present to get your TIN ID. I suggest you give another ID with the same address to be sure. I actually gave my SSS ID this afternoon but my address on that ID was different from my PhilHealth ID.
6. Once you are called by the encoder, he or she will return your other ID and ask you to check your personal info on a paper. He will ask you to encircle the mistyped information and change it. He will also tell you to sign at the bottom of your information and put the date on that day. So… carefully read your information before you tell them that everything is correct. Make sure that the spelling of your name, address and other information are correct. Of course, most especially your TIN number.
7. Usually, the encoder will call your name again. He will give you your TIN ID and it’s done. You’ll just have to put a 1×1 picture on the right side and sign on the left side.
My mistake was that I only encircled the block instead of the apartment unit number. I was so focused on the address, my TIN number and my birthdate that I missed the proper spelling of my name. It’s a good thing that the encoder was nice enough to do it again. He made a new one and corrected the spelling of my name. He didn’t charge me P100 anymore.
I just placed a picture on the card and had it laminated this afternoon so that I can open a bank account tomorrow. Even though it doesn’t have the same quality as the SSS ID and the PhilHealth ID, I’m still thankful that I’ve accomplished this task today. Tomorrow will be a new journey. I’ll try to post my experience again if I have enough time.
I’ve been meaning to write since I quit my job. It’s almost February and here I am trying to write something as if I’ve been busy for a while. Truth is, I’m just at home most of the time or at the gym choosing what to play in my head while I stretch my arms or run or something. I haven’t done much work since I resigned and I am really running out of funds. I basically struggled with earning money as a freelancer and I kinda sucked at getting things done. I would really like to blame our noisy apartment for being unsuccessful, but the thing is, the Internet was also not at par with Taiwan’s Internet speed.
The upside of basically chilling at home is you don’t need an alarm clock to tell you that you need to work your ass off. You also don’t need to always be in a hurry. However, I may have slacked a lot instead of having a productive time in cooking or cleaning the house. It’s not boredom that’s making me want to go out, but it’s the freedom to actually do something without always thinking about the time or to be in a hurry. Aside from having the urge to receive a monthly salary, the mere fact that I’m getting lazy to go out and do something worthwhile are eating me alive.
I guess, I just need to find a hobby or something else. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve applied to at least five companies this month and I’m proud to say that I got a job offer in 4 out of the 5 jobs that I’ve applied for. It’s just that I’ve been so picky with what I want to do this year.
Ino and I have just started our reservations in the church and our reception, and there’s still so much to deal with. Most of it are finance related so, we still have to take things at a time. I know that there’s so much pressure from all the preparations and the down payments needed for each wedding aspect. So, it’s really better if I could also earn a little.
I think I’ve written about my thoughts regarding having a simple dream before. To reiterate, I just want a simple life and I want to earn something for myself. I prefer to have simple but attainable dreams. I don’t really aim for unattainable or unrealistic dreams.
So, here I am trying to recap what has happened during my idle month.
Right now, I’m about to start my training in another Korean company. I still don’t know much about the details yet but this company feels like home to me. Probably it’s because of the same people that I used to work with, or the new environment, or probably it’s because it’s a small company. I don’t know. I’ll find out soon and write about it soon.
I still have a couple of entries that I haven’t posted. Those entries were taken last year but I am still feeling lazy and time constricted so I cannot post it tonight. However, if time permits then I might post it this February.
Hello from the other side!
I mean hello 2017! I’ve been meaning to write since I resigned in my previous company. I think I’ve been enjoying the long breaks and all the free time that I have too much; And as a result, I tend to forget that I need to write something or anything. However, whenever I try to upload some new photos or update the last 5 or 3 pages of this blog, I become more lazy by the day and I tend to close the windows and shut my laptop down.
Anyway, it’s already the 5th of January which means that I’ve slacked too much and people are already done with their resolutions and stuff. I’m not really planning to write my resolution for this year but I’m hoping for more great things to come.
Instead, I’d like to write some of my plans and the things that I’m looking forward to this year.
Let’s start, shall we?
- Find a job. I’m officially unemployed and I’m somehow enjoying my free time. ‘Though I’m not busy with work and nobody’s paying me for anything, I was still busy with opening a new bank account and applying for a part-time home-based job.
- Go to the gym. Budgeting my money from my last two salaries last December was so painfully stressful. I tried my best to follow the plan, but I somehow used some of the money for things that I want than what I need. On the other hand, I was able to allot some money for the two months promo in Gym Plus! I hope to go to the gym regularly ‘though.
- Blog more often. I’ve been procrastinating since I was free from work. I’ve never been productive online since then. I tried to enlarge some of the photos here but I’m getting too lazy to finish it. This 2017, I’m planning to write whenever I feel like it and try to fight laziness from getting in the way of finishing what needs to be done. I want this blog to be more useful than last year. I need to be more serious and more passionate in writing quality entries this year.
- Take more pictures. I just bought my own compact camera last year and I tried my best to take some photos of the places, events, restaurants and other interesting things that I’ve been to or that I’ve tried. However, my photos are not exactly blog worthy. Since I’m such a late bloomer in the field of photography, I didn’t get to enjoy taking photos the same way other people prioritize documentations passionately. It was just because of Saab Magalona that I really got interested in taking photos and uploading it to my website. She even inspired me to get my own domain and stay in WordPress. All in all, I really need to take photography seriously and take really nice shots since I have a decent camera to use. If I’m using it to document something, then I have to make sure that the quality of the photos are clear and worth posting online. I should really learn from my very shaky photographs last year.
- Read more books. It’s quite ironic that I’ve told my students to read more but I don’t regularly do it. I’ve been preoccupied with so many things that I’ve taken reading for granted. I’ve been doing house chores, playing online games, sleeping, doing errands, and other things but it has been ages since I really read a book and sat on it for hours. I must read more often. I must enrich my vocabulary. I know that I need it for my next job. I need to be more efficient this year.
- Write more stories. I used to say that I don’t have enough time to write. I’m very much busy with so many things like work, going out and blogging about stuff, playing games, more work, relationship stuff, and all the other excuses I can make to make you believe that I’m busy. Oh! Writer’s block is a very big contributor as well. Without the proper muse or fuel to write something worth reading or writing about, I tend to do other things like sleep or laze around.
I hope that I would be more eager to share my thoughts, my opinions, my daily life and the things that I’m into this year. I’ve attempted to put some soul to this blog by giving you a preview of what my life has been because reading this blog sometimes makes me feel inorganic. However, people’s writing styles may change for different reasons and for different point of views over a period of time. Maybe it’s just my way of maturing or perhaps, writing about my personal life in a more personal level is not something that I would really like to share these days.
I hope that I could write more scenes and finish some stories this year.
It’s quite funny that the things that I’m looking into as goals are somewhat like resolutions too. I think it’s a subtle resolution as well.
- Wake up early. I’m a night owl. I am definitely a night person and an insomniac. Perhaps it’s because I’ve gotten used to this lifestyle for more than three years or perhaps, it’s just a mind over matter thing. I know that I can wake up early if I want to. Heck, I’ve survived xx years of school and was able to graduate on time but I’ve never really tried to do it voluntarily.
The most stress-free moment for me was when I stopped using my alarm clock and snoozing it several times in a day. However, many people say that waking up early and seeing Mr. Sun rise is a good thing for our health. Eating breakfast and eating on time helps as well. If I want to lose weight, I really need to be more disciplined not only mentally or physically but also emotionally, psychologically, etc. It’s also for my own good anyways. I think I should try to wake up early this week. It’s already 12:33 AM here so, I can’t sleep early today and I’m still blogging! So, tomorrow, January 5. Procrastinating… again.
- Do the house chores regularly. I’m not a perfect person. Nobody is. I tend to forget so many things and I admit that I only do the things that people usually remind me to do. Sometimes, I can become very lazy and forgetful. Those are both bad habits that I must change this year. I need to be more willing to do the house chores voluntarily and willingly. I must have an initiative so that Ino and I won’t fight often.
- Learn more dishes to cook. It has been tried and tested that I know how to cook and basically can follow a cookbook. ‘Though I still can’t figure out the right timing when it comes to not overcooking the food or burning it. In my several attempts to be a good housewife, I was able to successfully discover my cooking skills. It may not be at par with my sister’s baking skills but I can say that the food that I cooked were quite edible. However, I really need to seriously learn the ways on how to properly cook a decent meal for my future husband, future children, my parents and myself. I’m actually proud to say that given the complete ingredients and a clear instruction on how to make it, I know that I can actually make a decent meal.
I’ve been meaning to let this entry go but it’s already 3 AM and I’m still thinking about the things that I want to accomplish. Perhaps, I should just update this entry next time.
I know that I’ve totally abandoned my blog because I’ve been busy with so many things. I still have 2 entries that I haven’t posted yet because I don’t have enough time and energy to do it. Honestly. But don’t fret, because the photos are just in my camera and it will just take me a while to upload it and make the entries. (I haven’t updated the margins for the tablet view and the mobile view so that’s one of the reasons why I’m slacking too.)
I’m trying to learn a few things about CSS with the help of Ino but I think I still need to learn some coding skills here and there to really customize my theme. Well, I had asked for Ino’s expertise since he’s a senior web developer, but it’s almost Christmas… and he always tells me that he’ll fix it but I’m getting impatient. So, I decided to tinker it myself and just ask him for a walk-through. Because if I don’t do it, who else would?
In other news…
I also know that I have to catch up with you and keep you updated with what’s going on in my life. So here it goes…
I never got to finish 50 Shades of Grey (the Filipinized version), but I was able to finish City of Bones. I forgot when exactly, but I’m happy to let you know that I’m now on the third chapter of City of Ashes. My paperback has been on the shelf for a few years and I just opened the book last Friday because I almost died out of boredom last week. It’s all thanks to our Korean managers and their ‘no-gadgets-on-the-desk’ rule.
I’m also reading Victoria Aveyard’s Red Queen. I had a hard time reading it at first because I didn’t get it but after trying my best to understand it, I’m proud to say that I’m already on the fourth chapter. I’m still trying to get interested with the plot so, I hope to finish this book by next year.
I can hear the scenes of the movie, Spectral. Ino is watching it beside me on the bed while I’m writing my TSC. It’s a little distracting, but it’s fine.
I’m thinking about my salary, my 13th month pay and my bills. I was hoping to save some money for my resignation and the ‘homebased’ or work-at-home life next year. I’m a little stressed out with work and how I’ll get the hang of everything but I’m really looking forward to the changes that I’ll be facing next year.
After a while, I realized that I’ve been working in the office for quite some time and I haven’t practiced my degree. In a few months, I’ll be getting married and I have to be more responsible. I have to be a good wife and I have to be a better person. I hope that I won’t regret choosing this over everything that I’ve gotten used to.
I don’t smell anything here right now.
Wishing and Hoping
I’m wishing and hoping that I will have a successful career path next year. I hope that I could balance work and leisure, as well as my time for myself without compromising my time with my future husband.
I wish that everything will work out and will run smoothly as planned. If not then, I’d have to think of another plan to get back on my feet again.
I’m wearing a blue and white stripes spaghetti nightgown.
I’m loving this weekend because Ino and I were able to hear mass tonight. I’m also happy that I was able to do my laundry and update my TSC.
I want to have this theme done already. I also want this month to be over so that I could start working at home, go to the gym and learn new things.
I need to budget my money wisely. I also need to sleep earlier and wake up earlier than usual. I also need to update my resume and prepare my documents soon.
I feel uncomfortable because of my itchy throat. Having sore throat really sucks. On the other hand, I’m mentally and emotionally counting down the days that I’ll be leaving the company. I’m looking forward to the things that I can do and I can achieve.
Clicking through my previous TSC.
I haven’t used my laptop for quite a while but I’m glad that I’m back to posting things again. 🙂
How about you? What are you doing? Link up & share your Sunday Currently on Sidda Thornton’s blog.